Catholic Tracts (Search)

CHRIST KNIGHTS

CHRIST KNIGHTS

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

FORMULA TO HOLINESS


Formula to Holiness comes from constant evaluation of conscience, our soul and keeping the Lords commandments in their fullness. Each day as I evaluate my conscience and prepare my soul for heaven or if I fall short because of my sinful nature and end up in purgatory. I am constantly reminding myself and asking GOD for his grace that he would clear my thoughts of sin, that I don't hate, lie, that I don't covet my neighbors goods, I ask for clean thoughts that I don't have anger, malice against others. That GOD gives me the grace to become a good husband, father and son. That I may reflect Christ through my actions, my works, deeds and that I don't condemn others for the short comings in my life.

Each of us has our faults, our dark secrets, and our falls. But, always remember my brothers and sisters in Christ; we have the mercy of our LORD, who is a forgiving Father. He is waiting for our souls to turn to him, ask for forgiveness, turning our heart to him completely. Let's not give into Satan's lies (He is a liar and murderer from the beginning) and give him victory over our conscience; as we sin against GOD and bring shame to GOD.

This morning as I was commuting to work, I was listening to Catholic Radio (1230 AM and 1260 AM), I was thinking during the morning mass. That Jesus took all our sins on himself, (ALL OUR SINS). Have we ever stopped to think what these sins were; rape, murder, adultery, lies, stealing, lust of human eyes, sins of flesh etc. Can you imagine his pure spirit and heart taking all the sins of the world, past, present and future? His, anguish in the Garden before he was put to death. His sweat turned into drops of blood. My friends sweat doesn't literally changes into blood, there has to be deep and unimaginable pain. That hurt and pain came from our sins. His love is great for his children, he has never forsaken us, but we with our sinful souls, our attractiveness to sin places him back into pain, suffering and anguish.

Repent, clear your conscience, go for confession, evaluate yourself each minute and each hour and just pray every chance you get and ask for his grace. Before beginning and ending your day, remember CHRIST and pray to him for his grace and ask for protection from sin and that you do not fall prey to temptation. I pray this special pray for all husbands, sons and fathers that God gives us special grace that we can become true Holy Man as we raise our families in CHRIST.

Formula to Holiness:

(Examination of Conscience) + (Keeping of Commandment) + (Act of Confession) = Holiness

I will pray for you and your soul that GOD prepares your soul for heaven. Always remember we are not of this WORLD, our main responsibility is to praise our LORD and give him glory. Please pray for me. Let's forgive each other, let's follow the commandments. Let’s not steal, lie, covet our neighbor’s wife and goods, honor our parents, remember the Lords day and Love our GOD with all our might and love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

Our Salvation in not locked in by "Acceptance of Christ" as a one time deal. We have to constantly work toward our salvation, by our works and not merely by faith alone. Amen

Reference:

Personal thoughts and testimony – Ocran Akran April 14, 2010